Learning a 2nd or 3rd language means putting yourself out there and moving out of your comfort zone. The reward will be the sense of accomplishment you will feel when conversing with someone in their native language.
It is fun, challenging, exciting, rewarding, and tough learning a new language. If you’re struggling to learn a new language, breathe, you’re not alone. Adults famously find language learning more difficult than children; whose super-flexible brains grow the connections necessary to learn an additional language.
Why is it so tough to learn a foreign language? Simply, it is hard because it challenges both your mind and time. Your brain must construct new cognitive frameworks. And it requires sustained, consistent practice to learn. It takes dedication to learn a foreign language. If you have your eye on the prize of fluency, you must stick at it, trusting that all the effort will pay off in the end.
LingoHut is just the first steppingstone. To become fluent, you will need to use many courses and resources to be confident in speaking the language and understanding the grammar. Each course or resource will provide a different perspective of the language. We also suggest exposing your ear to many different mediums like watching TV shows, listening to music, and reading in the target language.
Here are some inspirational and motivational quotes when you need a reminder of why you are working hard.
1. “A different language is a different vision of life.”
2. “The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.”
3. “One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.”
4. “Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.”
Rita Mae Brown
5. “He who knows no foreign languages knows nothing of his own.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
6. “You can never understand one language until you understand at least two.”
7. “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.”
8. “To have another language is to possess a second soul.”
9. “Change your language and you change your thoughts.”
10. “Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things.”
11.”Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.”
12. “Language is the blood of the soul into which thoughts run and out of which they grow.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes
13. Language is not a genetic gift, it is a social gift. Learning a new language is becoming a member of the club – the community of speakers of that language.”
14. “Learn a new language and get a new soul.”
15. Language is the dress of thought. Czech Proverb
16. You live a new life for every language you speak. If you know only one language, you live only once. Czech Proverb